Thatchers Cider is a fourth-generation family business based in Somerset. We have been making quality cider since 1904 and everything we do is about ensuring there will be a viable business for the next generation.
The Role & Responsibilities
There has been significant growth in all aspects of the business in recent years and the Finance team is now in need of an Assistant Accountant to support the growing demands of the business.
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified as a minimum and either looking to progress, or continuing, towards a full accountancy qualification (CIMA or ACCA). They must be a good team player and have experience of producing accurate and detailed reports to tight deadlines.
The main duties will include:
- Reconciliation of bank statements and balance sheet accounts.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Reconciling, analysing and reporting of stock ledger.
- Monitoring and reporting on Capital Expenditure.
- Production of supporting schedules to the management accounts.
- Forward thinking and commercially astute.
- Self-motivating, determined with drive and a results-focused approach.
- Computer literate in Microsoft programs (i.e. Word and Excel).
If this sounds like your perfect opportunity, then please send your application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org