- Department – Primary Process
- Location – Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA
- Closing Date – April 16th 2021
- Start Date – June 2021
- Working Pattern – Fixed term contract (8-10 weeks)
- Hours – Full time, variety of 12-hour shifts Monday-Sunday, including days and nights (A full season rota will be issued at the start of employment)
Established in 1904 by William John Thatcher, we have grown into one of the top cider-making businesses in the world. Now in our fourth generation of family cider makers, we’re exceptionally proud of what we have achieved, and we are even more excited about our plans for the future. We continue to experience huge growth of our Brands through industry-leading levels of investment in marketing, people development, innovation and world class technical enhancements in cider mill machinery.
For many years we have worked with LRS to press all their blackcurrants on site here at Myrtle Farm. This takes place from June to August. We’re now looking for a temporary team to help us with this process over the summer months.
Working as part of our seasonal team you will be responsible for working in primary process where the fruit comes in and gets pressed into juice. This opportunity is for anyone who wants to gain experience working in the drinks industry understanding the process of turning fruit into juice and working with big machinery to do so.
What you’ll be doing:
Blackcurrant Operators will be expected to:
- Produce high quality juice from blackcurrants
- Adhere to Thatchers quality and health and safety policies
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Communicate clearly with other colleagues and teams (written and verbally)
- Data collection and record keeping
Who we’re looking for?
The Thatchers team is action-orientated, adaptable and resourceful with high levels of resilience to compete in an exciting yet competitive marketplace. We work hard and, together, we achieve great things.
- Interest in the food and drink industry
- Interest in machinery and process operating
- Hard grafter – prepared to get stuck in
- Accurate and good attention to detail
- Takes responsibility with a positive can-do attitude
- Trustworthy individual – to get the job done
- Works calm under pressure
- Organised and punctual
- Good interpersonal skills
Training and Development:
Full training is given during your induction on all requirements of this role.
Whilst this is a temporary role, Thatchers is a growing brand and we are continually look for new people to join our teams and develop their career with us potentially in the future.
As this is a short, fixed term role for the summer period you would not be expected to take a significant amount of time off over the course of the season.