- Department – Customer Service
- Location – Main Office, Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA
- Closing Date – April 20th 2021
- Start Date – Sept 2021
- Working Pattern – Full-time (Mon-Fri 8.30-6.00pm)
- Apprenticeship Level – Level 3 Customer Service Specialist
- Apprenticeship duration – 18 months
As a Brand Academy Apprentice at Thatchers you will have the opportunity to explore job roles across the commercial areas of the business. This opportunity is for anybody who wants to pursue a career within our customer facing roles, enjoys talking to people and has a drive to grow our brand, develop relationships and can provide exceptional customer service.
You will complete our award-winning apprenticeship programme based within our Customer Service department. However, you will also have the opportunity to support events within marketing and work closely with the sales team as part of this advanced apprenticeship role. Your role will be predominately based on the phones in customer service. This department will give you the best insight and grounding into our business for you to learn, develop and grow. Many students then go on to work in other departments around the business upon completing their course.
Established in 1904 by William John Thatcher, we have grown into one of the top cider-making businesses in the world. Now in our fourth generation of family cider makers, we’re exceptionally proud of what we have achieved, and we are even more excited about our plans. We continue to experience huge growth of our Brands through industry-leading levels of investment in marketing, people development, innovation and world class technical enhancements in cider mill machinery.
This is an amazing opportunity to become part of the Thatchers success story and take on an exciting role where no two days are the same. This role is a fantastic for someone who wants to take the next step in their career within a successful team and company.
What you’ll be doing:
Tasks will be varied, but will include the following key tasks:
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls to customers
- Placing customer orders and assisting with promotional items/ POS
- Working with distribution to create delivery schedules
- Working with our tech services team to process installation requests and repairs for customers
- Managing and processing any ullages (customer returns)
- Assist with the admin of export deliveries
- Monthly reporting
- Assist the customer service and wider teams with any adhoc project
As a brand apprentice you will also take part in events and experience a full “pip to pint” induction gaining a full understanding of how our other departments operate.
Who we’re looking for?
The Thatchers team is action-orientated, adaptable and resourceful with high levels of resilience to compete in an exciting yet competitive marketplace. We work hard and, together, we achieve great things. We have a desire to learn, a thirst for knowledge and a passion for quality cider that customers enjoy across the world.
We work hard and, together, we achieve great things. If you think you have the passion to make an impact as part of the Thatchers family, this is the role for you.
- Good level of IT skills and happy to learn new software systems
- Analysing data and presenting it to an audience
- Spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Confident and able to deal with people at all levels
- Smartly presented
- A remarkable person who likes to get stuff done
- Have a strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Pro-active, problem solver
- Good attention to detail
- Resilient/ Flexible – accept and adapts to changing situations
- GCSE Maths and English grade 4/C or above, or Level 2 Functional skills equivalent.
Training and Development:
We know it is a big decision to take your first steps in a career and at Thatchers we ensure that we give you all the training, support and development you need to succeed. What we ask in return is hard-work and trust and for you to share the same enthusiasm and passion for our business as we do.
You will complete a full L3 Customer Service Apprenticeship in partnership with our training provider, Weston College. At the start of this journey, we will review your skills and ambitions to create a training plan that meets your individual needs. As part of our Young Talent Programme we will develop your skills and knowledge through a range of business seminars and networking opportunities that will give you a thorough insight into our industry and business.
Thatchers is a growing brand and we are looking for our apprentices to develop their career with us after their apprenticeship.
Please fill in the application form below and attach your CV.