It’s an exciting time to join the engineering team! As fourth generation cider makers, who have been making cider for over 100 year, we are producing some of the fasted growing, premium cider brands in the world and continue to invest in our facilities, state of the art equipment and systems.
If you are a dynamic, motivated, conscientious individual, who takes pride in their work and is willing to go the extra the mile then this role could be perfect you!
- Develop, test and commission PLC programmes and HMI configurations to implement internally managed projects, updates and improvement measures.
- Manage site wide system configurations and documentation, including instrument schedules, I/O schedules, electrical drawings, cabling diagrams, single lines and network architectures.
- Work closely with our production and process technical teams offering online/offline systems support, on occasions working remotely out of hours as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage third party sub-contractors delivering services such as electrical installations, control panel manufacture, systems integration, building controls and service contracts.
- Carryout small works activities which could include equipment replacement, component re-wiring, electrical installation and control panel modifications.
- Be directly involved in the conception and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Carry out risk assessments and generate method statements for works tasks as required to ensure safe-working at all times. Co-ordinate sub-contractor services as required, reviewing risk assessments, methods statement and permits to work.
- Generate reports as required to outline works planned and works completed.
- Respond if required to breakdowns and reactive maintenance situations
To join us as an Electrical / Control System engineer you will need:
- To demonstrate substantial experience and expertise in the above outlined responsibilities.
- An industrial background, either in a manufacturing environment or system integration role.
- Skills in planning, configuring, programming, testing and commissioning PLC control systems.
- To be competent in configuration and set up of automation equipment such as inverter drives, motor control, safety systems and pneumatics.
- The ability to fully understand and plan modifications to electrical schematics.
- A flexible approach to working in various situations often under pressure.
- To be a team player with a positive outlook and self-motivated manner, liaising effectively with internal or external contacts.
Food or beverage engineering experience would be beneficial but is not essential.
To apply, please complete an application form along with a covering letter to: Jobs, Thatchers Cider Company Ltd, Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA or firstname.lastname@example.org .