We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to join our busy team on Myrtle Farm in Sandford.
Our production teams utilise our on-site laboratory for routine analytical testing of our products to ensure they are produced efficiently and are to Thatchers, 4th generation family cider makers, high quality standards.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our quality team; supporting the production teams in their analytical testing, and maintaining both the laboratory environment and standards of work within the laboratories. There are opportunities within the role to learn about, and contribute to, each aspect of the cider making process. The successful applicant will be conscientious, take pride in their work and have the business’ values and objectives in mind at all times.
The maintenance and improvement of standards in the laboratory environment, the wider production process and product is a key part of this role. Job functions include maintenance of quality and safety records within the laboratories, provision of technical support to the production teams, ensuring that the laboratories are suitably equipped to maintain service standards, and provision of analytical testing support to the business’ product and process development program.
- Have a background in Chemistry, Biology, or a related subject; to A-level (or equivalent) standard or higher.
- Be thorough, with a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to efficiently prioritise workload and multitask.
- Be able to work independently and with minimal supervision, whilst upholding the standards required by the business.
- Be a team player, capable of interacting and working with a diversity of colleagues from all areas of the business.
- Be computer literate; with competencies in the recording of data, and accurate processing of information. As well as in the use of common products within the Microsoft Office software suite (predominantly Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Have a desire to develop their own knowledge and understanding, and strive to make the most of opportunities to do so.
- Have great communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Be flexible, and prepared to assist in any area of the business where required.
- Be able to work outside of normal hours, to meet the needs of the business, when requested.
If this sounds like your perfect opportunity then please apply by sending in a completed application form to Jobs, Thatchers Cider Company Ltd, Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA or firstname.lastname@example.org.