Pumpkin Curry with Pork & Flaked Almonds
Mild – medium heat rating
The fragrant nutty texture of wild rice complements the soft orange flesh of the pumpkin. The curry’s warming glow and buttery richness, alongside the earthy tones of the rice, allow the sweet, oak and honey notes of Thatchers Green Goblin to bring freshness and harmony to your meal. Bini Ludlow
1) Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium/high temperature and cook the pork for 2-3 minutes on either side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the frying pan; rest for 5 minutes and cut into bite size chunks and transfer the oil into a saucepan.
2) Heat the oil and add the cardamom pod, caraway and cumin seeds and allow to brown slightly and then add the ginger, garlic and chilli paste. Stir and allow the paste to turn light brown. Add the leeks, red onion and butter. Stir well, cover and cook on a low setting for 5 minutes.
3) Once the onions have softened add the salt, red chilli, ground black pepper, turmeric and stir well ensuring the spices have coated and coloured the onions.
4) Add the pumpkin, half the coriander and stir. Add 150ml stock and cook for 8-9 minutes. Add the pork and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on low until the pumpkin has cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
5) Lastly, throw in the flaked almonds and stir. Garnish with coriander and toasted almonds. Serve with rice.