Sweet and Spicy Mango Chicken Curry
Serves 4 – 6 people
Mild – medium heat rating
This Sweet and Spicy Mango Chicken Curry would be ideal for a family gathering or enjoyed with a group of friends – serve it on a large dish in the centre of the table with the accompaniments alongside.
The creamy yogurt, coriander citrus, cumin bitterness from the aromatic spicing works perfectly with the vegetables and meat. The green pepper, onions, potato and burst of soft cherry tomato adds additional colour and sweetness to the meal.
1kg chicken thighs or legs, skin on
1 lg red onion cut into quarters
250g baby new potatoes – peeled and cut lengthwise
5 cherry tomatoes
1 green capsicum pepper, stalk removed and thickly sliced lengthwise
1 lime quartered
100ml Thatchers Haze Cider
75ml natural yoghurt
1 tsp sea salt
100g mango chutney
Juice of 1 lime
5 tbsp rapeseed oil
80g melted unsalted butter
1 bulb garlic peeled and finely chopped
140g ginger peeled and finely chopped
2-4 finger chillies, stalks removed and finely chopped
35g fresh coriander leaf, washed and chopped
4 green cardamom pods
½ – ¾ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp whole cumin seeds
2 tspn freshly ground coriander seeds
1 tspn garam masala
- Combine all the marinade ingredients together into an ovenproof dish. Mix well.
- Rub the marinade into the vegetables, lime and chicken pieces, ensuring everything is coated thoroughly.
- Pour the Haze Cider into the dish, cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes in a preheated oven 200˚C.
- Remove the foil and stir.
- Return the dish into the oven uncovered and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring half way. Ensure the chicken pieces are cooked thoroughly before serving.
Serve with coriander couscous, rice or your favourite bread to soak up the delicious spiced cider flavoured juice.