Cloudy Lemon Pancake
Try a surpri-ZING twist on a classic recipe by using our Thatchers Cloudy Lemon Cider in the mix.
- 175g plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml milk
- 200ml Thatchers Cloudy Lemon Cider
- A pinch of salt
- Oil or melted butter
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add pinch of salt and make a well in the middle. Instead of sifting you can simply give your flour a little whisk in the bowl instead.
- In a separate bowl or large jug mix together the eggs, milk, and Cloudy Lemon Cider.
- Pour the wet mixture into the centre of the flour well and start mixing using hand mixer, a whisk or balloon attachment of your standing mixer.Keep mixing until your batter is smooth, lump free and it should have a consistency of single cream.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the frying pan until nice and hot. Add in oil or butter. Using a ladle or pouring jug, pour small amount of batter onto a hot pan and swirl around until the pan is fully coated. You might need to “patch” little holes with tiny drops of batter.
- Fry on one side for approx 1 minute until lightly browned. Flip it over with spatula and fry for another minute.
- Transfer pancake to a plate and cover with clean tea towel while you fry remaining ones, adding the new ones on top.
- Enjoy with the filling of your choice!