Thatchers Community Orchard 2024 Applications
As part of our 2024 Community Orchard Project, we have 500 apple trees to give away to local communities, charities and organisations across the country.
To apply, simply fill in the form below, before the deadline of Monday 5th February 2024.
Community Orchard Project 2024 Terms and Conditions
Thatchers Cider Community Orchard Project
1. Open to UK residents, community groups & organisations and registered charities only, excluding employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its agents, associates, printers or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entries open on 3 January 2024 and close on 5 February 2024 at 23:59.
3. Entry via the Thatchers Cider website only. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to this entry route.
4. Entry via the application form found at www.thatcherscider.co.uk to be considered for a donation of up to 10 apple trees. Recipients will be selected by our project panel.
5. Multiple entries allowed. Entries through agents or third parties are invalid.
6. Thatchers will donate up to 500 trees to community groups, delivered in bundles of up to 10 trees.
7. The trees are bare root apple trees and as such will require planting upon receipt.
8. The trees will be delivered direct from the supplier in boxes, together with stakes, guards and ties.
9. Thatchers Cider is not able to store the trees on behalf of the recipient.
10. Recipients must have the permission of the landowner to plant the received trees on the allocated land.
11. Thatchers will advise recipients of their delivery date. No alternative delivery dates will be available.
12. The apple tree varieties supplied will be selected by Thatchers Cider.
13. Recipients will be selected by our project panel and will be notified via email within ten working days of closing date.
14. Any successful applicant who has not responded to notification within five working days will forfeit their donation.
15. There are no cash alternatives, the prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
17. Winners may be required to take part in unpaid related promotional publicity (such as social media and photography) surrounding the receipt of the trees, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
18. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of the promoter that are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any social media site entries to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the promotion.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion.
21. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
22. Entry to this competition will be deemed to constitute full acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: Thatchers Cider, Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset, BS25 5RA