Who are Thatchers Cider?
Established in 1904 by William John Thatcher, we have grown into one of the top cider-making businesses in the world. Now in our fourth generation of family cider makers, we’re exceptionally proud of our Somerset roots.
We’ve experienced tremendous growth through industry-leading levels of investment in our marketing, people development, innovative technology and world-class cider mill. The best part? We’re just getting started.
Here at Thatchers, we’re passionate about Quality. Our Quality Dispense Team are field-based and ensure that our ciders taste just as good on the bar as they do when they leave the farm. This is a critical role to make sure not only are our customers happy but our drinkers too.
We are now looking for a Quality Dispense Technician to join the team in Wales.
Your Rewards and Benefits
– Hourly Pay
– Any overtime paid at time and a half
– 32 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
– Discounts at our cider shop
– Long term career prospects
– Company pension
– Own company van that you can also use for private use/mileage with your company fuel card
– Uniform and tools supplied
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who is as passionate about our products as we are and wants to deliver nothing short of perfection to our customers.
As a Quality Dispense Technician, you will ensure that every pint of Thatchers Cider pours perfectly and tastes as good as it should!
Out on the road, you will service outlets, ranging from pubs to clubs, to restaurants and football stadiums within a designated postcode area.
As an ambassador for our brand, you will advise, instruct and educate customers on dispensing the best quality products and ensure our beverages are enjoyed as they should be.
Additionally, you will:
– Perform bar and cellar surveys for installations, removals, repairs and health checks
– Be responsible for ordering and returns of parts
– Take control of managing vehicle stock effectively
– Use in-house systems to manage stock levels, timesheets and customer dispense records
– Carry out regular vehicle inspections
– Ensure Health and Safety standards are followed and met
– Regularly maintain and refresh training and knowledge such as PAT testing, confined spaces, manual handling, risk assessments, chemical handling, pressure systems, PPE, food hygiene, COSHH etc.
To be considered as a Quality Dispense Technician, you will need:
– The ability to build great relationships with people at all levels
– A ‘right first time’ mindset
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Good organisational and time management skills
– The ability to work well under pressure
– A can-do attitude, determination and strong work ethic
– A conscientious approach and a responsible and trustworthy attitude
– A full, valid driving licence
The ideal candidate will live central to their patch of Cardiff, Newport and Swansea.
This is a permanent, full-time role. Please note, flexibility will be required outside of core working hours with weekend and out of hours cover on a rota basis.