Cider Mac ‘N’ Cheese
Warm up with our delicious Thatchers Gold Mac ‘N’ Cheese. A bowl of cheesy deliciousness with a cider twist that would expect from us! Perfect on a chilly winter evening.
For 2 large or 4 small portions.
500ml Thatchers gold
500g of a mix of your favourite cheeses (grated or crumbled)
- Pre heat oven to 220°C
- Pour the cider into a saucepan & reduce by ½ & put aside
- Over a medium heat, melt the butter then stir in the flour
- Cook out the roux for a minute or two, then slowly add the milk bit by bit whilst mixing with a wooden spoon, making sure the milk is incorporated fully before adding more
- When all the milk is added you should have a thick, silky bechamel sauce
- Stir 400g of the cheese into the hot bechamel followed by the reduced cider
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta in boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes then strain
- Add pasta to cheese sauce and mix
- Pour pasta into oven proof dish (or dishes), top with remaining cheese
- Place in a hot oven for 5 – 10 minutes to gratinate